Wednesday, January 1, 2014

I've never done this...

I don't know why but for some reason I've been thinking about writing a post every day for the month of January.  Now granted I've never been a daily blogger and I'm working in New Orleans, planning a wedding in North Carolina, and traveling this month but hey, what's one more task on the to-do list.  So please be gracious as I'll probably miss a day or two.

So here goes...last night I celebrated New Year's with the volunteer teams that have come to serve in New Orleans.  I'm still amazed that people would agree to give up their winter break to serve God and the homeowners here (especially since Katrina was almost 9 years ago). It's amazing to see people who three days ago were complete strangers but today are laughing and joking with each other, playing games together, serving each other, and eating meals together like they've been friends forever.  I love seeing teams take advantage of being in the same place and not letting where they come from stop them from building relationships with one another. 

We all have so much to learn from each other.  I have so much to learn from the teams and people around me about life, family, God, culture, etc.  I hope I can continue to be intentional with building those relationships.

My prayer:
God puts people in our path everyday that we can learn from or that we can build relationships with...are my eyes open to see that?  Are your eyes open to see that? Let's pray and ask God to show us who He wants us to connect with today.  Maybe its a colleague at work, a fellow student, a neighbor, a friend from the past, etc.  Every person is someone God has created for a purpose and perhaps He wants you to learn more about them so you can see that purpose and praise God for it!  Let me know how God answers that prayer!

No comments: