Thursday, January 9, 2014

I did all the talking...

Ever since I can remember, whenever I would sit down to pray, I'm 100% positive I did all the talking!  From the "Dear Heavenly Father" to the "In His Name, Amen," I always talked!  It's hard enough talking to God whom I couldn't see, so I can't imagine if I wasn't talking while praying.  Well that's starting to change...

The idea of listening prayer is something I'm new at and still getting a feel for.  I knew to have a relationship with God, much like being in a relationship with a friend, family member, significant other, etc. means that both sides talk (hopefully one a time).  So I needed to learn how to listen in order to have a relationship with God.  I needed to practice quieting my thoughts in order to make room for God's still small voice.

My prayer:
Talk less and listen more!  Lord help me quiet my thoughts to hear from you.  Help me remember that to have a relationship with you means you get to talk too! 
I hope you take some time this week to sit and listen with the LORD.  Don't come with an agenda, but only expect to hear from God on what you should pray for.

No comments: