Sunday, January 26, 2014

day 26 of 31: I'm thankful for...

Tonight's blog was Mark's idea.  He said I should write up 6 things I'm thankful for since we have 6 more days til we say "I do!"

#1) I'm thankful for my fiance who helps me when I'm in need of ideas and encouragement.  I'm super excited that in 6 days I get to be your wife and journey together down this road called life! Thanks Mark for being someone I could talk to and for being there to listen and encourage me.

#2) I'm thankful for my parents.  They have let me stay at home, fed me, housed my junk, let me borrow their car to run errands and see friends, loved and supported me.  I am blessed that I've had this time at home before getting married to spend time with them.  Even though I'll always be their daughter, I know the dynamics will change once I'm married so I'm thankful now for this time.

#3) I'm thankful for my Savior Jesus! He didn't come to condemn the world but to save it!  He loves you and He loves me.  He died that I may have eternal life.  He has given my life an eternal purpose: to worship Him, to know Him, and make Him known.  My identity isn't found in being a wife or a daughter or a missionary, my identity is solely wrapped up in a daughter of the King, King Jesus!

#4) I'm thankful for the amazing women God has put in my life.  For the slightly older ones who pour into me and pass on their wisdom to me. For my peers who share life with me, the hard, the good, and the fun!  For my babies, you know who you are. Thank you for letting me invest into your lives and get to see you grow as young women after the Lord's heart.

#5) I'm thankful for my supporters.  I'm still in awe of the fact that for the last 5.5 years I have been supported by the love and generosity of the body of Christ.  People have sacrificially given to me that I may live out my calling in full-time ministry.  I'm so thankful that they have answered the call to give cheerfully and faithfully!  I can't wait to see their reward in heaven for coming alongside me!

#6) I'm thankful to GET MARRIED ON SATURDAY!!! It's been a long road I must admit. Singleness is hard in a world that tells you that only another person can make you complete.  (bologna!!)  God is the only One who can make you complete!  But He did create Eve because He is a God of relationships and saw it wasn't good for man to be alone.   He made a helper suitable for him.  I'm thankful that I've found my helper and I can't wait to exchange our vows before God and everyone that I'm forever committed to Mark!

No comments: