Sunday, January 5, 2014

day 5 of 31: Welcome TIU

WELCOME Trinity International University to New Orleans!!

This awesome team is led by return leaders, Matt and Sarah.  I first met them last year when they led the TIU team down to serve for winter break.  Then, at the end of January, I was able to visit them on campus.  I'll never forget our NOLA reunion because Matt and Sarah shared how they felt God's call to come live in NOLA once they graduated from seminary!! I was completely shocked! I mean yes God had put it on my heart to move to New Orleans after a one-week mission trip but I forgot how crazy that sounds. 

New Orleans was definitely not on their radar for post-graduation but God knew all about it!  Matt graduated this May and moved down after the summer.  Sarah just graduated in December and she is moving down this month.  I'm so excited to see how God will use them and their gifts here in NOLA.  Matt has already connected to a church planter here and has built many relationships with his neighbors.  I praise God for calling them here and for their desire to lead another team down this winter break!

My prayer:
That no matter how crazy it sounds, I always walk in obedience to God's voice.  I pray I don't let fear or doubt stop me from following my Savior wherever He leads.  I hope you can pray that same prayer too!

No comments: