Tuesday, January 14, 2014

An unexpected phone call

I recieved a phone call today from a volunteer who I met back in 2010. I hadn't spoken to him or his wife in awhile so I was surprised to see his name come up on my phone.

One of the first things he said was he was calling me because of the "pricking in his heart by The Lord." So that caught my attention. God told him to call me and after some catching up time he said, well really I'm supposed to pray for you. So he prayed for me, for my walk with The Lord, for my upcoming marriage, for Mark and for my ministry. 

Tears came to my eyes while he prayed for me. The Lord was using him and his prayer to touch my heart and renew my soul! I want to keep my eyes fixed on Christ and I don't want to get caught up in me me me...it's not about me! It's all about Jesus! I'm very thankful my friend was obedient to the Lord's leading to call me! It couldn't have come at a more perfect time! 

My prayer:
Lord forgive me when I make it all about me. You must become greater! I want to make your name glorious! Thank you for the cross! 
Has God been tugging at your heart lately about something? My advice, listen and obey. Trust that God knows what's best!

No comments: