Monday, January 6, 2014

day 6 of 31: A Desired Outcome or Result

yes this blog is about EXPECTATIONS!  I've heard this word quite a bit since serving with Crisis Response.  Our goal is to challenge the volunteers and ourselves to put aside our expectations and expect God to work in us and through us however He desires.

I asked the team to journal their expectations for this week and on Friday we'll see if and how God answered those expectations.  So for today I challenged them to think about these expectations listed below:

Do you expect to draw closer to Jesus this week? 
Do you expect to completely depend on God and your teammates this week?
Do you expect to face spiritual warfare this week? This could look like getting lost and becoming frustrated, having conflict with another team member, being tired and physically done, tools breaking on the jobsite, etc??
Do you expect to serve or be a servant?  If it's just to serve then you'll want to serve your way but if it's to be a servant, then you give up "your way" and truly serve in anyway asked or needed.
Do you expect to learn something this week?  I hope so!  The phrase "help me understand" goes a long way in cross cultural situations!
Do you expect to be out of your comfort zone this week?

My prayer:
I pray I can set aside my expectations on a daily basis and trust the LORD to lead me throughout the day.  I pray for a flexible, servant heart for every plan that changes.  Help me remember that it's not about me! It's all about Jesus!

No comments: