Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Day 28 of 31: snow in the south

Mom and I walked outside today to see these white flurries falling from the sky. Yes it's snowing here in the south! For us, this is a rare treat and it kept snowing for another 6 hours.



Even though snow is the last thing I expected to see the week leading up to my marriage, I am thankful for snow in the south.  Because we don't normally get snow, it's just one more reminder that our God is sovereign and in control. If He wants it to snow in the south, He can make it happen.

He is bigger than any normal weather patterns and He is big enough to bring in snow one day and have 60 degree weather on either side of it!  I love that about God! He can do as he pleases and he chose to send His Son Jesus into the world because it pleased Him and His perfect will! 

So yes, I praise God for the snow in the south. He is the God of the impossible! As Mark and I enter into marriage this Saturday, I pray we wouldn't forget God's sovereignty and submit our lives to Him and His authority! 

1 comment:

Loralee said...

I love how even the unexpected south reminded you of God!