Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Day 7 of 31: Old Testament in a Year

Mark and I have started a daily Bible reading plan on www.oneyearbibleonline.com

You have the option to read the Bible in order from how it appears in the Bible or chronologically. You can also read 4 sections a day: the Old Testament, the New Testament, Psalms, and Proverbs.

For this year we are just reading the Old Testament and Proverbs. Starting out in Genesis I realize how much I can learn from this book!  You get to read about our Creator God who made everything, mankind's disobedience and God's just character and yet merciful, Noah's faith in God when asked to build an ark, Abraham's trust in God's timing for a son, etc. 

I look forward to being reminded of the type of God I serve and love. He is a covenant God who keeps His promises and remembers His people! Amen

My prayer:
Lord I pray I remain in your Word daily and keep it in my heart!  
If you haven't ever read the Bible in its entirety and would like to try, check out the website: www.oneyearbibleonline.com 
I hope your New Years resolution involves building a closer relationship with Jesus Christ through reading His Word and putting it into action!

No comments: