Wednesday, January 8, 2014

day 8 of 31: $250,099.47

When the typhoon hit the Philippines in November, my boss was already on his way to Malaysia for a conference and had the chance to be on the ground in the wake of the crisis.  After several days of providing relief to those in need and casting a vision for long term ministry in the wake of this crisis, my boss prayed and asked for $250,000.  These funds would help bring the Gospel to the Filipino people by meeting the whole needs of the whole person.

We weren't sure when and how God would reach this goal but TONIGHT we received word that $250,099.47 has been donated towards the typhoon response!  PRAISE THE LORD!!!! I'm completely blown away by His provision and the generosity of the Body of Christ.  God put it on people's hearts to give and they did!  The verse I just read yesterday in Genesis 18:14 - "Is anything too hard for the LORD?"  And the answer is NO! Nothing is too hard for Him!

My Prayer:
I pray I would have more faith that God can do anything! He can do even the things I think are impossible!  He can change people's hearts and draw them closer to Him!  He can raise up people to give, to serve, to pray...He can do anything!  Lord please remove my unbelief!
Please pray for the Filipino people who are still suffering from the aftermath of the typhoon.  For more updates check out: http://reachglobalcrisisresponse.wordpress.com

No comments: