Friday, January 24, 2014

day 24 of 31: I'm not pefect...

I have one more week as Katie Hooks! I can't believe that a week from tomorrow I'll be walking down the aisle not as a bridesmaid but as THE BRIDE!! Not that I didn't think I'd be getting marred someday but I can't believe it's getting so close!

As for my hiatus from blogging all of last week, I will give it another shot to blog daily up until the wedding day!  It's really hard for me to accept the fact I didn't make my goal of blogging everyday for a month.  I guess I don't like failing but who does??  However, failure is a part of life.  I will not do everything perfectly and I will make mistakes.  But boy do I hate messing up. 

Failure is another reminder that I'm not perfect, and that's hard to swallow some days.  I would love to be perfect at everything but that is not in the cards for Katie Hooks (or Katie Manning either).  I will mess up but it's okay.  God doesn't expect perfection.  If He did then I wouldn't need Him and He wouldn't have had to send His Son into the world to save us from our sins.  I need God to help me when I fail.  I need to Him to practice His loving qualities of mercy, grace, and forgiveness.  I praise God that He does practice them and practices them with joy. 

God wants my daily surrender and my utter dependence on Him.  So here goes again, one more week, 7 blogs..Lord only through you can I accomplish this goal. 

No comments: