Friday, January 17, 2014

He > I

He is greater than (>) I 

The Lord God almighty is greater than I and I mentioned before, He is in control.  He can do immeasurably more than anything I ask or imagine.  Jesus must become greater and I must become less.  My life on this earth is not about me but about bringing God glory! In order to bring Him glory, it means I must follow His commands which are written in His Word and revealed by the Holy Spirit. 

Yes I am getting married two weeks from tomorrow, but even though I'm the bride, this day is not about me.  God brought Mark and I together and He alone deserves all glory and honor and praise.  His Son Jesus Christ died on a cross to reconcile me to the Father and be in a relationship with Him.  Mark and I are bought with the precious blood of Jesus and we will stand on our wedding day in complete awe that even though we are sinners, Christ died for us.  We can't wait to celebrate our Lord and our union on Feb 1st!!

My prayer:
My wedding day isn't about me or Mark, that it is about God who so loved us that He gave His one and only Son, that whoever believes in Him will not perish but have everlasting life. Mark and I's love for one another comes from God's love for us and what Christ did to reconcile us to Him. 

No comments: