Saturday, February 12, 2011

God knows our needs and provides!

The Son [Christ] is the radiance of God’s glory and the exact representation of his being, sustaining all things by his powerful word. After he had provided purification for sins, he sat down at the right hand of the Majesty in heaven. Hebrews 1:3

God continues to grow in me a heart and mind that completely depends on Him! This trip around Iowa has shown me how much the Lord provides everything I need and I am so blessed to see His hand of provision every single day.

Provision:
food in my belly (and by that i mean AMAZING!! food)
places to lay my head - Sara, Lovells, Allerdings, Leiss's, Jacobsen's, and the story will continue tonight and into next week!
car to drive around in - Thanks jess and steven!
people to connect with - too many to name!
mardi gras party with beignets AND king cake!!
partners in ministry
day to rest
common bonds between myself and people i meet
encouragement and advice from brothers and sisters in Christ
AWESOME weather to drive in

One of my favorite places to visit thus far has been Dordt College. I enjoyed so much getting to spend time with the team from last year, meet the team leaders from this year, and get to stay with 5 wonderful Godly women in their apt on campus. It was so refreshing to hear how God is working in all their lives and I'm praising God for the work He's doing in their lives!

I'm even grateful for Facebook where I can stay in touch with the people I've met on this trip! haha. yes social networking can be a good thing.

So YES in case you were wondering...GOD PROVIDES!!!! He knows us better than we know ourselves and I'm thrilled to serve a God who not only knows me better than I know myself, but desires to provide for me!

Not only does God provide for our physical needs but our spiritual needs as well. He sent His Son, He provided His Son, to be the purification of our sins! Praise God in the Highest!!

The Son is the radiance of God’s glory and the exact representation of his being, sustaining all things by his powerful word. After he had provided purification for sins, he sat down at the right hand of the Majesty in heaven. Hebrews 1:3

Prayer:
1) Continue to ask God to raise up male interns for this summer!
2) Continue to ask God to provide boldness in asking people to become ministry partners to see His Kingdom come in New Orleans and in His ministry.

Can't wait to see how He provides!

Love yall!
Katie :)

No comments: