Wednesday, February 9, 2011

God is Great God is Good!

God is GOOD!
All the Time!
All the Time!
God is GOOD!

I've really been blessed and refreshed thus far on this Iowa Adventure! The Midwest winter has been kind to this southerner and keep praying it stays this way! Driving has been going really well and I thank God for His provision of safety! Please keep it in your prayers tho!

Last night I was able to reconnect with Summit EFC and hear how New Orleans played a special part in their lives! Last year when they came down, we showed a video on poverty called "Does Anything Help?" made by Scott Lundeen. They just had Scott from Urban Entry come up to their church to discuss how to love their neighbors as their community is changing with the influx of immigrants. This church is determined to reach outside their 4 walls and love ALL their neighbors! AMEN!

Another praise is God is really working in bringing people alongside me in my support raising efforts. Since I've been in Iowa, I have 3 new monthly supporters! PRAISE GOD! Please keep praying for boldness in asking people to join my team.

Tonight I'm connecting with students from Dordt College and recruiting tomorrow on campus. Please keep praying for God to bring interns to His mission field in New Orleans! Special request for male interns as I don't have any committed yet.

LOVE YALL!

Khooks :)

The LORD is good,
a refuge in times of trouble.
He cares for those who trust in him.
Nahum 1:7

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Katie,

It was great to talk to you today. I hope and pray you accomplish all God has for you on this trip! Also I pray for your safety while driving in the awesome whiteness! And prays for your safe return to NOLA.

Thanks for all you do!
Tom

Unknown said...

I enjoyed catching up with you as well! Thank you sooo much for your prayers and support! Hope to see you either down south or back in aurora sooner rather than later!

In The Beginnining said...

God is so faithful . . . I am glad you are experiencing His awesome direction and protection!

Please be praying that we can get a ministry van for TSN . . . we are transporting 10-12 kids a week to Bible study now and our truck is breaking down . . . actually unsafe! He is keeping us and the
truck!!!!

Looking forward to April as we plan for the trip to Nola!

Deb Marley said...

I'm glad it's going well. I've been praying for your safety and warmth!