Tuesday, February 8, 2011

From NOLA to Meriden!

Hi Friends!

I arrived safely in Cherokee IA yesterday after a 3 hour drive across the state of Iowa. Thank you for the prayers as I know God's hand is over me as I drive across snowdrift and in unfamiliar territory.

I wanted to share how the team from Meriden EFC has been challenged after their trip to New Orleans. One of the men from their trip Randy, began a Helping Hands ministry out of their church to find out what needs there were and to communicate those needs to the congregation to help others. Amen for the church reaching outside the 4 walls to love on their neighbors!

In addition, last summer they were hit by flooding and multiple tornadoes. In response to those disasters, they made "We heart U" t-shirts and began showing Christ's love to those in need! AMEN to that!

God is still using one-week experiences in New Orleans to transform people's lives here in Iowa! Praise The LORD for His goodness and grace!

Thank you Ryan, Maureen, Tim, Greta, Jen, Mike, Jodi, and Scott for coming to New Orleans and for sharing with me how God is working in your lives!

Katie :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aw, loved this team...

Unknown said...

me too girl! soo much fun! wish you could've joined us!