Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Never Satisfied But Always Content

Hi Everyone!


I hope you're all doing well! It has been a crazy couple of weeks and I'm now starting to recover from the mad-rush of coordinating medical teams which we ended up cancelling due to the change of needs...I'm now focusing on coordinating construction teams down to Haiti, with possibly having help from another missionary that is here to help multiply me! If interested in going, please email haititeams@efca.org.

The title of my blog comes from a devotion I did. It says, "While we are never satisfied with our spiritual progress, we're always to be content in Christ." So yes our spiritual walk with God will always be a long process of us realizing we have so much more to learn about God, so much to learn about how we should live, we're constantly pressing on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus (phil 3:14)....BUT we can always be content in Christ no matter the circumstances (phil 4:11). So yes continue pressing on knowing that we can be content in Christ...Godliness with contentment is great gain (1 Timothy 6:6)

Praises:

1) On Saturday I took 24 hours off from work for probably the first time in a while! It was great! Rest is good! Helps me learn to trust God more because I can't be responsible for everything.
2) Up to 15.5 miles for my marathon..woohoo!
3) God really has multiplied us here on staff and excited to see the body of Christ rise up to help us!

Prayer Requests:

1) the Meriden EFC and Chippewa EFC teams that are here this week! Pray they learn more about God this week and grow closer to Him!
2) My boss Mark Lewis is returning from Haiti tonight...he was there for 2 weeks so pray he can find rest at home with his family and spend time with the Lord!
3) Next week we have no teams, then we have 10 straight weeks of teams...please pray that I would spend next week preparing for how God would use me during this time..that I would be praying for God to work in the volunteers' lives (which may lead some to join us here on staff)...praying the community would come to know Christ and put their hope in Him...praying I would seek God and continue to rely on Him!

Thanks for taking the time to read this and please pray for me and God's work here!

Love,
Katie :)

“However, as it is written: "No eye has seen, no ear has heard, no mind has conceived what God has prepared for those who love him"" 1 Corin 2:9

No comments: