Saturday, February 20, 2010

2 Firsts in 2 Weeks!

Hi Hi!

Praying everyone is having a great weekend and spending time with God!

I got to spend the week with a returning team, Black Rock Congregational in Fairfield CT. It was awesome! They are such a great group and they had another great week in NOLA. God really taught them the importance of compassion and how to love each other along with the people of NOLA! I'm soo grateful this church is a part of my life! We have 2 returning teams this week: Trinity EFC from Plainview MN and Trinity Western University from Canada! Good to reconnect and please pray for their time here as well!

My momma is coming Thursday! hollerrrrr! Can't wait to spend time with her and I'm glad she's coming to catch me after my marathon! hehe.

yes my FIRST MARATHON EVER IS SUNDAY FEBRUARY 28TH!!! Please please please pray! I got up to 19.5 miles so please please pray God will give me the strength to complete this race He's given me! If you'd like to pledge for my race, there is still plenty of time! Just send me an email at katiehooks@gmail.com

I'M GOING TO HAITI for the FIRST time! March 4th through the 7th! Please pray for my trip! Please pray for my time there. Please pray for protection! Please pray that my trip to Haiti will open my eyes to the sufferings of God's children and will transform me to love God more and love His children more! Pray I will see God's greatness and goodness in my time there! I'll be headed there to train Trinity who is taking on coordinating volunteers and help set up our office. I'm excited to see everything first hand but also realize how challenging it will be as I've never been to a 3rd world country especially not after a major crisis so please pray God would prepare me for what I'll see and experience in Haiti.

I finished my February newsletter so let me know if you would like one! katiehooks@gmail.com

Thanks for being a part of my life and for your prayers! Please Please let me know how I can be praying for you!

Love ya!

Katie :)

"Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles, and let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us." Hebrews 12:1

2 comments:

Cathi Duggan said...

Praying for you Katie!

Also, running a half marathon in September(Costa Rica) and October(Disney World, at night) any chance you'd like to do one of those with me?

Hugs,
Cathi(Keri's mom)

JohnstonCoArts said...

Good luck with the Marathon this weekend! We start our training in May for the marathon in November. I think I'm going to do the walk-run thing since I'm not a runner at all! I'll be thinking about you on Sunday!