Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Katie in Haiti

Hi Everyone!

I completed my first ever marathon on Sunday with a time of 5 hours and 5 minutes! Praise the Lord! I never thought I'd ever say I've done one but I'm glad I did and it's over! haha, Thank you for your support of me through prayers and financial giving. I'll keep you posted on how much God has raised for Ms. Simms but know you can still give if you haven't already. Just make your checks out to EFCA and put "donation to ms. simms" in the memo and mail to:

Katie Hooks
19380 N. 10th St
Covington LA 70433

I'm off to Haiti bright and early tomorrow (March 4th) and return Sunday March 7th at midnight. I fly from New Orleans to Miami at 6am then off to Port au Prince. From there we'll drive 2-3 hours to West Gressier where our volunteer housing is located. Please pray for safety traveling for myself, Sarah, Kevin, and Mark. Please pray God would guide us and give us wisdom as we serve in Haiti. Please pray for open doors for the gospel message to be spread through the arm of compassion. Please pray!

Thanks!
With love,
Katie

"IN HIM, we live, and move, and have our being." Acts 17:28

No comments: