Saturday, January 23, 2010

Praying, Waiting, and Asking!

(picture above: people waiting in line to receive medical aid in Haiti)

Hi Everyone!


I'd love to update you on what is going on in Haiti and how it has changed some of my roles here in New Orleans.

I am now the point person on coordinating medical flights to Haiti. We have teams going for a week at a time and if you're medically gifted please contact me asap as we NEED docs and nurses and more!!! email haititeams@efca.org (I check this account) You'd fly out of Fort Lauderdale to Cap Haitien (300 miles north of Port au Prince) to work in a hospital there that has been overflooded with refugees from PaP. PLEASE contact me for more details and give my email out to those interested. I'm putting this in God's hands! It can be hard to wait but I know His timing is perfect and I must trust Him!

ONE of our HUGE needs right now is monetary donations to continue supplying aid and medical relief to Haiti. Please please give to help the body of Christ come alongside those in need! You can click here to give to the Haiti Earthquake relief. Email me if you have any questions. You can also mail donations to:


EFCA Crisis Response

19380 N. 10th St

Covington LA 70433

and write 21709-3970 in the memo.

SECOND I need to multiply myself! God is already proven faithful that if we just pray for Him and ask for help He comes through. First off, Ms. Jeri is here to cook! YAY! I have several friends who have asked to help with data entry and team stuff and I'm very very grateful to them! BUT I'm STILL asking...I need help!!!!!!!!!! Please let me know if you can volunteer your time and efforts here in New Orleans! I need a cook from March 26th to April 26th in the city. We need funded jobs so if you can scope jobs and go around asking people if they have work that'd be super!


Please pray I can balance my responsibilities and find time to rest!

Please pray for the people of Haiti!

Please pray that "the islands will see God's light!"

Asking may be hard to do because it means I can't do it on my own but I know God wants me to ask Him and ask you to help!

In Christ,

Katie

Ministry blog updates: http://www.efcacrisisresponse.blogspot.com/

"I am concerned for you and will look on you with favor; you will be plowed and sown, and I will multiply the number of people upon you, even the whole house of Israel. The towns will be inhabited and the ruins rebuilt. I will increase the number of men and animals upon you, and they will be fruitful and become numerous. I will settle people on you as in the past and will make you prosper more than before. Then you will know that I am the LORD." Ezekiel 36:9-11

"This is what the Sovereign LORD says: On the day I cleanse you from all your sins, I will resettle your towns, and the ruins will be rebuilt. The desolate land will be cultivated instead of lying desolate in the sight of all who pass through it. They will say, "This land that was laid waste has become like the garden of Eden; the cities that were lying in ruins, desolate and destroyed, are now fortified and inhabited." Then the nations around you that remain will know that I the LORD have rebuilt what was destroyed and have replanted what was desolate. I the LORD have spoken, and I will do it." Ezekiel 36:33-36

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Katie,

I just added your blog to my blog roll (feel free to do the same: ianmdent.wordpress.com :)