Monday, January 4, 2010

Analyzing is Overrated...

Hi Everyone!
First off thanks sooo much for the prayers last week! Monday may have been one of the busiest days of my life but I got through it and I know it's because of your prayers!
Trust > Analyzing
So I don't know if it's a girl thing, or a me thing, but I probably analyze stuff wayyy too much. It's not like analyzing something to death will make me feel better or feel like I've accomplished something...just wasted time in my head more like. Probably if I analyze everything it's my way of controlling the situation or allows me to hold on to something for a little while longer. I think in the end, analyzing every little moment or every possible moment takes away from trusting God. The verse God has laid on my heart isn't a new one by any means:

Trust in the Lord with all your heart
and lean not on your own understanding.
In all your ways acknowledge Him,
and He will make your paths straight.
Proverbs 3:5-6

Before God can make my paths straight, there are 3 things I must do:
1) Trust Him
2) Lean NOT on myself
3) Acknowledge Him in EVERYTHING!


So by acknowledging Him throughout my day, be it in prayer or spending time in His word or taking 5 min to say hello to my neighbor, I am telling God "I trust You. I depend on You!"
Take time this week to truly put this into practice and give up on analyzing everything, but TRUST God with everything!


Praises:
1) Teams were great last week! Thank you for coming to serve the Lord!
2) Ran 10 miles on Thursday and didn't die
3) For God's Son and that once we believe, we are a new creation in Christ!
4) All the awesome support I've been getting from you all, not just money but prayers as well. I'm very very grateful for each of you! Thank you Thank you thank you!


Prayers:
1) Must write thank yous and January newsletter by end of the week. let me know if you want one katrinarelief@efca.org
2) Possible travel plans next week. I'll keep you posted.
3) I continue to trust God with everything, lean not on myself, and acknowledge Him in everything!


LOVE YOU!
khooks :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Katie hooks- you are my hero! And you definitely know I analyze stuff way too much. That verse is so true though- Trust! It's so hard to let go sometimes, but when we do, it is so worth it. You are a rockstar and you are doing such great things! miss and love you tons!