Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Back in the Saddle Again...

Hi Everyone!

Well I must say if the Lord calls me to Denver I won't be that upset...it was a great trip. Got to talk about what God is doing in New Orleans and how people can get involved! Got to visit some inner city ministries and see how God is using them to reach the unloved. I pray you'll get involved too by using your time, talents, and treasure to further God's work here and where you live.

God blessed me many times but one story that sticks out is when I got to speak at Eastern Hills. After I spoke at the service, a man came up to me and asked what needs I had...[just before this a lady came up telling me she worked for the airlines and she may be able to get discounted tickets...so I told her that I was looking for tickets to Charlotte for Christmas but her airline doesn't travel there]...so when this guy came up to me, the first thing that popped in my head was tickets to get home for Christmas and sure enough he said he'd take care of them! How awesome is our God! He truly provides! I'm very very thankful to him and God for blessing me this way.

The team this week is some of the staff from the Athletes in Action Ministry and one girl even graduated from UNC a semester after me. I think it's gonna be a good week, can't wait to see how God transforms their lives and uses them to reach His children.

Please pray for me as I get back in the saddle of teams and figuring out logistics for future teams. Pray that I would remember that I'm saved by faith and saved for works. I want to do the good works God has prepared in advance for me to do (Eph 2:10) with a joyful heart.

Praying you all are blessed this week and let me know how I can be praying for you!
In Christ,
Katie

"If you think you are too small to make a difference, try spending the night in a closed room with a mosquito." -African proverb

1 comment:

Todd Domer said...

That was a great story, I am glad God is blessing you so awesomely.


Todd Domer