Sunday, December 6, 2009

I'm not a philosophical person...

Hi Faithful Blog Readers!

Thanks so much for taking the time to read my blog and for your prayers! I need them oh so much and I'm very grateful for them! I can't do anything without Him. I did have a great week with the Athletes in Action staff, got to take them around the city, play card games, and get to know them and hear their hearts for their ministry. Praise God for using us and sports to reach His children! We ran challenge circle (like AWANA circle) in the projects three afternoons and had the Hot Dog Outreach in there as well. Great time to connect with the kids there.

Pray this week:
1) You know what time it is?? Newsletter time! Please pray that I would be able to get my newsletter out by the end of this week. Please pray God would use my newsletter to tug people's hearts to help the people of New Orleans and to give financially to support me here. Let me know if you want one. email katrinarelief@efca.org

2) Marathon training - really struggling with finding the motivation to run or work out. Please pray God would give me that motivation and it wouldn't be for selfish gain but to bring Him glory. I'd like to run for a homeowner, raise money for materials, please pray God would reveal to me who I'm to help and how to do that logistically.

3) We have teams from Hillside Church in CA, Keystone Church in PA, and His Place EFC in Idaho. Please pray God would use them this week to serve Him, to refresh them, and to show His love to the people they come in contact with. Pray God would put them out of their comfort zones and they'd step out in faith knowing He's with them.

Thanks so much for praying! I truly appreciate it and please let me know how I can be praying for you!

Love!
Katie

p.s. So I'm not a philosophical person...but these are some quotes that are challenging me recently and I pray they challenge you as well:

"Such lives are apt to leave you with the idea that God is unnecessary, by human effort and devotion we can reach the standard God wants. In a fallen world this can never be done. I am called to live in perfect relation to God so that my life produces a longing after God in other lives, not admiration for myself. Thoughts about myself hinder my usefulness to God. God is not after perfecting me to be a specimen in His showroom; He is getting me to the place where He can use me. Let Him do what He likes."
Oswald Chambers, My Utmost for His Highest


"Sometimes I would like to ask God why He allows poverty, suffering, and injustice when He could do something about it."
"Well why don't you ask Him?"
"Because I'm afraid He would ask me the same question."
-Anonymous

"Don't fail to do something just because you can't do everything."
-Bob Pierce,
Founder of World Vision

"In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world."
-Jesus (John 16:33b).

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

love the quote by Pierce!! Love you and I know you are doing a great job :)

Unknown said...

love you girl!

and btw the prayers are working, i've worked out 2 days in a row! Praise Jesus!