Monday, December 14, 2009

Runner's High

Hello!

First off thanks for the prayers last week! To follow up:
1) Newsletter is out and on it's way to your mailboxes! Praise the Lord! Please read last paragraph on Running the marathon to raise money for materials! Please please pray about pledging money to help Ms. Simms get back in her home!
2) Worked out Monday thru Friday and again today. Ran 6 miles on Friday and shooting for 7 this week. So please keep praying for motivation! Excited to glorify God thru my running!
3) Teams last week were a huge blessing! They worked so well together and we're stretched in ways they never saw possible! Praise God!

Prayers this week:
1) 13 in from Redmond WA. Please pray they would be flexible, patient, and willing to be used by God to do His work! Pray God would open their eyes and ears to what He's teaching them this week!
2) Going Home Friday (thanks again to Dan and Jane)! Pray for safe travels and a relaxing week at home celebrating the birth of my Savior and spending quality time with family and friends!
3) We have close to 100 volunteers the week of Dec 27th. Please pray for strength and for energy! Pray for flexible teams and for good weather (right now it's been raining like cats and dogs). Pray God would use these volunteers to show this community His heart for them and they are deeply loved and cared for! Pray for logistics and things would run as smoothly as they can and when they don't I continue to rely on God for His wisdom, guidance, and direction!

Quote from Runner's World:
"When the runner's high does set in, usually around three or four miles, my body flows into a smooth rhythm and my mind is no longer conscious of how far or how long I've run or how much farther to go."
I like this quote because it reminds me that this is God's desire for me, for my body to flow into a smooth rhythm of serving Him and for my mind to be more focused on Him and not on any fears or thoughts of what others may think of me, but for my mind to be conscious of Him! The more we seek to obey God, spend time with Him, truly live our daily lives for Him, prayerfully, it'll become less like a chore and become natural to obey Him in everything He asks. Granted yes, we'll still stumble and make mistakes, but seeking to live a life holy and pleasing to Him should still be our desire! It's not about us, it's about Him!

Hope you have a great week and let me know how I can be praying for you!
In Christ,
Katie

"Therefore, I urge you, brothers, in view of God's mercy, to offer your bodies as living sacrifices, holy and pleasing to God—this is your spiritual act of worship. Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God's will is—his good, pleasing and perfect will." Romans 12:1-2

2 comments:

Michelle said...

yo girl. when did you decide to run a marathon??? that is so exciting. where/when is it?

see you sooooon!

Unknown said...

guesss i decided end of october. it's feb 28th in new orleans. wanna come?? please please