Monday, November 9, 2009

I'm usually not this honest...

Hi Everyone!

I hope you are all doing well. My Brooklyn Park guys have gone home after a great week of spending time working and getting to know people in the neighborhood along with pretending to be my dad and offering parental advice.

Praise this week: knowing that God loves me and takes care of me

Prayer Requests: I'm usually not this honest but I need prayer!
I really have 3 challenges right now and desperately need prayer for all 3:
1) FOOD - I HATE food...I hate being in charge of food, of buying food, preparing the menu, running to Wal-Mart and Sam's club...it's just too much for me and the fact I don't like food is making me not enjoy my job right now. I need help. I can't do this on my own.
2) SINGLE - I'm single, and right now, I'm finding it hard to be content in my singleness...this comes and goes but it's just a challenge I have right now. I know God has me single for a reason and I need to enjoy being single.
3) FUTURE - I have NO idea what my future holds...I'm with Crisis Response for sure until next summer and I still have NO idea what I'm doing next and because I've been so busy with work I've hardly had time to even investigate my future. I just have no idea what it is God would want me to do.

I was able to address these issues at staff meeting today and looks like we're going to find kitchen help for me. I have teams for 3 weeks starting Nov 30th. Let me know if you're interested.

This week I have 8 from Appleton EFC from Appleton WI and 5 from Northwest Community Church from Arvada CO. Saturday I head off to Denver..please pray as well for God to use me to meet people and I'd have boldness in asking for support.

Thanks everyone for reading this and being willing to pray for me!
Love you guys!
Katie :)



"There is no one holy like the LORD; there is no one besides you; there is no Rock like our God." 1 Samuel 2:2

2 comments:

Unknown said...

my prayers, my wishes, and my love are with you. The Lord will certainly bless your trip as he has blessed us and the people of NO with your good works in His name. "Go West" young woman and ask ask ask!!!!
Kathryn Katz

Unknown said...

thanks Kathryn! thanks for your encouragement and for being an awesome woman of God!