Monday, November 16, 2009

100 Crashing Jetliners

So I'm reading The Hole in Our Gospel by Richard Stearns, the president of World Vision...he writes for you to imagine you woke up this morning and the headlines read "one hundred jetliners crash, killing 26,500 people." He goes on to say that now imagine this happening everyday...everyday 26,500 people are killed...but the sad thing is it does happen...26,500 kids die everyday of preventable diseases...yet this doesn't make the front page.

I knew this book would probably challenge me but I had no idea it would challenge me like this...to remember that every child, either the child across the street or the child across the ocean, is a child of God and that God's heart breaks when any child of His is hurt...Richard's prayer is that his heart would break for the things that break God's heart, and I pray that for me and us as well...

My trip to Denver has been such a blessing so far..it's been great getting to know the Sailsbery family and they have been soo kind and hospitable! I'm very grateful! The teams were awesome last week too! Ms. Daisy's home is getting ever so close to moving in and the warehouse received its occupancy permit without a fuss...God is GREAT!

Please pray for me this week:
I've got some meetings this week and I'm speaking at Mountain View EFC Thursday night, Calvary EFC on Sunday morning, and Christian Church of Broomfield Sunday night. Please continue to pray that God would use me to let people know how He's working in New Orleans and how they can partner with me to further His kingdom! Please pray for confidence as well as I ask for supporters. Pray too that in everything God's name would be praised and He would receive ALL the glory!

Thanks muchos!
Katie :)

No comments: