Monday, October 26, 2009

Haggai and Corn Pops

So I'm up late, yes i'm a night owl, and eating corn pops that were donated and brought to our warehouse last week! very very yummy. Just read the book of Haggai and I must say, good stuff. The Israelites were soo caught up in the busyness of their lives they didn't notice the ruined Temple of the Lord. Wow...how often do we get caught up in the busyness of our lives we don't notice the ruined Temple in our own hearts?? My encouragement comes from Haggai 2:4-5:

But now be strong, O Zerubbabel,' declares the LORD. 'Be strong, O Joshua son of Jehozadak, the high priest. Be strong, all you people of the land,' declares the LORD, 'and work. For I am with you,' declares the LORD Almighty. 'This is what I covenanted with you when you came out of Egypt. And my Spirit remains among you. Do not fear.'
This week:
24 from Calvary Community Church in Columbia MD...first time down with us!
15 from Eastern Hills Community Church in Aurora CO...a returning team for me!
Praise: I HAVE awesome kitchen help and praise for having volunteers back in the NOLA community
Prayer: For flexible and patient volunteers who are willing to set aside their busyness to work not just on homes but on the Temples in their own hearts and in the hearts of the people of NOLA. Pray for me as well...definitely need extra energy and time for rest!
LOVE YOU!
Katie :)

No comments: