Monday, September 1, 2008

The Light after the Storm...

Well as I'm sure you all are aware that New Orleans was not hit as hard as it was thought. The levees have held (so far), and we're praying they continue to hold. However, other areas of Louisiana were hit quite hard so please be praying for them!

Today was spent in a midday meeting getting down the logistics of what will happen when we get back. The guys are headed back tomorrow at 4am to Covington to survey the damage and let us know when and if we can come back. I'm desparate to go back but I know my place is here where I have the internet and can get volunteer teams and such in order. So tomorrow, we're going to the beach! (and yes I will be doing work..especially on my EFCA 4-12 month application...please pray I get that done soon!)

funny stories today: Jousting! We would put the kids on our back and we were the horses and we'd crawl towards each other and it was the kids' job to pull off the other kid! Videos and pictures will come soon! The horses were me, Lisa Nelson, Steve Nelson, John Horst, Will Lane, and yes even Mark Lewis got in on the fun!

Please pray for the first wave of our team to get back safely! Please pray that the damage done can be undone and that we can multiply our vision for bringing people into God's kingdom through service!

Love in Christ!

Katie

Isaiah 66:1-2 (The Message):
God's message: "Heaven's my throne, earth is my footstool. What sort of house could you build for me? What holiday spot reserve for me? I made all this! I own all this!" God's Decree."But there is something I'm looking for: a person simple and plain, reverently responsive to what I say.

No comments: