Friday, September 12, 2008

Gettin my NO feet under me...


Hi everyone,


It has been such an interesting week back in New Orleans. I got back on Sunday afternoon and it was quite nice to be by myself for a couple hours after spending 24/7 with others. The yellowhouse is good, the tree limb hanging over the camper outside not so good, but it hasn't fallen completely yet...it's still holding on.


Getting back in the swing of things has been a whole different experience. Got back to calling teams, cleaning the yellowhouse, wrote my newsletter (which if you want one I need your addy), and still working on my EFCA application. Please pray for determination to get that done. Not having teams has made the month of September even odder. I know God has this break in teams for a reason and I need to use this time to do what He wants. Also please pray for a full night sleep, since I've gotten back I've woken up every night in the middle of the night to either dogs barking, car alarms, etc...it's just been really difficult to get a good night sleep.


Wednesday was airport day, I drove Ms. Kaarin to Baton Rouge because she is headed home to WA for good now to spend time with her family and see what God has in store for her next. Please be praying that she can find a job she loves and that she really enjoys her time at home. I'm gonna miss her mucho! Then that evening I went to the NO airport to pick up Tamara who is volunteering for the week, and another God praise. I didn't even ask for her and God provided someone to help me clean and just hang out with. God is good!


The cops who have been working in Houma this week are staying at the house tonight before catching their flight home tomorrow so I'm excited to hear their stories and how things went! Me and Tamara were hoping to head down there tomorrow but we'll be checking the weather first incase the outerbands of Ike decide to go there too!


Let me know how yall are doing and how I can be praying for yall!


Love ya!


Katie


Isaiah 54:10

"Though the mountains be shaken

and the hills be removed,

yet my unfailing love for you will not be shaken

nor my covenant of peace be removed,"

says the LORD, who has compassion on you."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Make sure you're getting enough rest Katie bug. It can be exhausting just being amidst the disaster alone. Don't burn out girl.

We love you and are so thankful for wholeheartedly pursuing Christ's plan for your life.

Miss you.

P.S. I didn't know you come here!