Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Pensacola is for Patience

Hello all,

Just wanted to update you all on today's activities:

The guys (and Lisa) got to Covington safely! They found the church and vehicles in good condition just no power at the church. They then left to find work in Homa (sp?) LA which is south of New Orleans that was hit very hard and were able to help out many homes in the area. They had given away most of the food they had but at the last jobsite they were at, the owner offered to cook them dinner! YAY GOD PROVIDING!!! As they returned to the church, they discovered all of the electricity working so another Praise!!! The Wattersons, Symmons, Bograns, Horsts, and Lewis's houses are all good, and the Lewis's and Bograns have power! This is another God praise because they were predicting a 15 foot storm surge in Mandeville where the Lewis's live! Please be praying for the rest of power to be restored and for those driving back to Louisiana over the next couple of days...I'm guessing traffic is going to be crazy!

I guess the reason Pensacola is for patience is because I'm definitely learning lots of that being in a house with a lot of people and children. Quiet times to myself are hard to come by and since I dont have my car, I cannot easily get away...especially when all I wanna do is helping those affected by Gustav. But God is teaching me patience and the time will come for me to be back in Louisiana serving Him and I just have to live in the now and use the time given here to do what He wants...which yes may be filling out that 4-12 month application and working on my newsletter. God is good and I have so many reasons to be joyful right now and I can't let the fact I'm not physically helping others get me down!

1 Peter 1:8: "Though you have not seen him, you love him; and even though you do not see him now, you believe in him and are filled with an inexpressible and glorious joy.."

Looks like I'll be in Pensacola tomorrow...unless something comes up and then probably headed back on Thursday...but not 100% sure of that either.

I love yall! I can't thank you enough for your prayers! They were definitely heard and felt! Yall are awesome! God is wayy awesome!

Katie

Philippians 2:14-15:
"Do everything without complaining or arguing, so that you may become blameless and pure, children of God without fault in a crooked and depraved generation, in which you shine like stars in the universe.."

1 comment:

J-man said...

Thanks for the update! Glad you're there loving on peoples. ~j