Wednesday, September 17, 2008

hooray for busy-ness!!

So yesterday and today I've been on the North Shore, yes the North Shore, working out of our office at Trinity and let's just say there was and is lots to be done. I must say I kinda felt like a bump on a log this past week and a half not having teams so it feels great to have my plate full again.

We have 2 teams coming in to go down to Houma LA and possibly another team headed to Texas! YAY God providing workers! Julie and Arnold Horst were here for a day and are now headed to Texas...it was soo good to see them! They're awesome!

Looks like we'll be trying to set up shop in Texas...it'll be like our little baby, hoping to get a place to host teams, staff to run it, and volunteers to work it! There were at least 7 EFCA churches that were hit by Ike and right now, those churches and their members are our priority in Texas. I call it our baby because New Orleans will always be our #1 priority, unless God says otherwise, and trust me, there is still plenty of work to be done here! But it's soo cool to see God grow our ministry in areas that are under crisis.

Hoping to get my newsletters out by the end of the week and hoping to get my application done asap! I actually started the theological part and I'm excited to mull over what it is I believe and where I stand on certain issues...thanks for the prayers for determination!

Just keep me in your prayers along with our staff and of course those suffering because of the hurricanes.

Love ya!

Katie

Psalm 91:1-2
"He who dwells in the shelter of the Most High, will rest in the shadow of the Almighty. I will say of the LORD, "He is my refuge and my fortress, my God, in whom I trust."

No comments: