Monday, June 4, 2012

Mwen Remen Haiti!

God knows her name...a little girl at Maxo's school

Komon ou ye?  Mwen remen Mango! (Creole getting a little better!!)

I am safely back in the US from a very awesome amazing blessed trip to Haiti.  I praise God for the opportunity to see His hand at work in Haiti and I'm excited for the partnerships that have been formulated since the earthquake to see God's Kingdom come in that country.

I got to spend some time with Maxo, one of the community leaders, and his family.  We first met Maxo early on after the earthquake and he served as a translator for us.  I was able to help him this trip with his English and Spanish institute.  I asked questions of the students and they responded in English.  One question we asked was "Do you like English and Why?"  Their response was that they loved english for the doors it opens if they know the language well.  The best part was I then saw the students around the community and was able to continue practicing english with them.  Again I'm blessed that God lets me serve Him and His children in Haiti.

Claudia!!
While in Haiti, my two intern mentors, Jane and Matt, safely arrived!!  Jane will be mentoring our intern Chelsey while Matt builds relationships with people in the community and the interns at one of our partner ministries!  Both Jane and Matt are also interested in international medicine and will be involved with our partner Haiti Health Ministries.  I'm praising God for allowing me to be a part of their experience in Haiti and cannot wait to see and hear about all that God teaches them!

Please continue to pray for our staff in Haiti!  After taking 5 hours to get groceries I saw only a small picture of how daily life in Haiti can be more complex than a day in the US.  Pray for rest, refreshment, protection, and rejuvenated hearts to serve the Lord there!


Messi!
Katie :)

girl talk in Haiti
view from my morning run up the mountain

Ashlee and Jane! love these girls!
street in port au prince

baby Michele at OLTCH



No comments: