Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Energized Still!

Ms. Ruby in her completed home!! :)
I praise God right now that according to my fume radar, I am planted in the energized category.  This time last year, I was firmly planted in the danger zone.  It was my first summer with interns and my strength of responsibility was kicked into overdrive.  I was so concerned about making sure that EVERYONE had a great experience that I forgot to make sure I was in good physical, mental, emotional, spiritual health.  I am grateful for that lesson last summer as I have done my best to approach this summer in a way that provides the best experience for the interns and maintains my overall health.

Ways I stay energized:
daily quiet time with my Lord
running!!
coffee talk with friends
mentoring - aka operating in my sweet spot
meeting new people and hearing how God has worked in their lives

(I know these are ways I stay energized because when one of these is lacking for any extended period of time, I begin to run on fumes...also when I'm feeling stretched or forget the reason WHY I am working and living each day then I start to run on fumes.)

Top Photo: Enjoying Ethiopian food with my roomy Eliza and friend Faith!




What's energizing me today??

First off, my Lord and Savior who chooses to use me in this Kingdom work! Without the energy He provides, I wouldn't make it.  (Col 1:29 - To this end I labor, struggling with all His might which so powerfully works in me.)



Share time with TX and AZ teams hearing how God works in them




 What else is encouraging me today??

I am so encouraged by all of my interns, past and present, along with my adopted staff members who I have the pleasure and joy of shepherding during this summer:





Lisa leading worship! I could listen to her all day!

Interns Lisa and Nathan have started a friendship with a gentleman they met at a block party.  The young man is a professed Muslim and is willing to hear more about Jesus!  How God is just awesome is Nathan's time in Lebanon has given him background in the Muslim faith and the ability to read Arabic which Nathan did read from the Qur'an.  Please pray for Lisa and Nathan as they continue to meet up with him and that God would work in his heart to reveal the truth of His Son!

Ronnie leading a jobsite at Mr. Don's home

This week we are lacking jobsite supervisors so Ronnie and Jen have stepped up to the plate and filled in!  Chelsea has completed a project of making bookmarks for volunteers to take with them that have all of our contact information on them and ways to stay involved.  She is also working on making prayer cards for our short term staff and interns!  I am so blessed to get to work alongside all of these awesome young adults who are on fire for the LORD.


No comments: