Monday, June 4, 2012

Helloooo NOLA 2012 Interns!!

Nathan, Lisa, and myself at the waterfront

I had no idea when I left New Orleans at the end of November 2011 if I would even have one intern this summer come since I could only focus on support raising.  Of course God in His sovereignty and awesomeness raised up FOUR interns for NOLA this year!  So if you count my three in Haiti, I have SEVEN! Just like last year! God again, you alone are in control and able to do much more than I can ask or imagine!

I'll let them introduce themselves more in detail later on this week but just know their names are Lisa, LaKerria, Emma, and Nathan.  What is the coolest thing is each of them were led to intern in NOLA in completely different ways:
Lisa getting her hair did at the block party

Lisa is in fact the only one who has served with us on a previous short term mission trip with her college John Brown University in AR.
Nathan was with ReachGlobal in Lebanon and when his visa to stay for the last 3 months of his term was denied, God led him to us.
LaKerria is the daughter of a family I stayed with in NC who was looking for an internship for her degree in psychology at Liberty University.  While I was having lunch with her mom and dad, her mom called her so we could chat on the phone...and the rest is history!
Emma was connected with us through another ReachGlobal missionary as he was talking with Emma's dad and found out Emma was taking time off from school so to look into missions...again she began the process and is now raising support for her 3 month internship with us!

We had barely got out of the car and Nathan had somehow found a chainsaw and a roof to climb! haha should be a great summer!

GOD you are just amazing!! You Lord are my VERY great reward!!  It's not about the work Lord, it's about the relationships you put in our lives to point each other back to You!

Lisa and Nathan arrived this weekend and will get settled in this week.  LaKerria comes end of June and Emma will arrive once she is fully supported.  Please join me in praying for these interns and that God would grow them deeper in their faith this summer and out of their deeper relationship with Him, they would truly know how to love their neighbors wherever they are!

Praise God for who He is!
in Christ,
Katie :)



No comments: