Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Thankful for Cookies!

Hi there!

So yes the joke is Katie does not go near a kitchen...I don't cook and have no desire right now to learn. However, because of my great friend Kristen, she showed me how to bake the most amazing cookies ever. So that's what I do, bake cookies, chocolate chip and chocolate chip-less are about the extent of my cookie baking but it's a start.

The reason I'm writing this blog is because I didn't realize how much I loved baking cookies with friends until I had to bake them by myself. It just wasn't the same. This got me walking down memory lane and I started thinking about all the people I have baked them with.

The list goes: (if I forgot you I'm sorry!)
1) The amazing Kristen who taught me how in Colorado and came all the way to NOLA to bake more with me! LOVE YOU GIRL and YOUR AWESOME FAMILY!
2) Kari from Canada and Ross from PA - it was a Sunday after church and we didn't have much to do but felt like baking. haha. Remember we even made one giant cookie and gave it to my neighbors!
3) One time after a block party with Matt, Shelby, Jen, and Jeremy in the LA house listening to Mumford and Sons in the background.
4) This summer at the guy's house on the north shore with Dustin, Keri, Ronnie, Chelsea, Jen, Shelby, and more. I did such a great job of delegating that when I asked "Who hasn't done something yet?" the response in one voice was "YOU!" haha!
5) This past November I made them twice - first with my girl Kim who even stirred in the 5+ cups of flour by hand...she's amazing! second - with Terah and Laura who came all the way from Maryland to hang out! Thanks so much girls!

So yes I'm thankful for cookies that brings friends together and provides fun and laughter and fellowship as we then eat the deliciousness the cookies and of our hard work!

Who will I bake them with next I wonder??

Katie :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I hope it's me...because I can't bake cookies to save my life and we haven't done that together yet :)