Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Savoring this week...

Hi Everyone!

Yes I made it safely back to NOLA. Thank you for your prayers! It was a blessing to see the staff in Haiti along with catching up with some local Haitian friends! I praise God for how He is working in Haiti!

Maxo (pictured above) is a local Haitian who we are partnering with as he invests in the local children by providing education for them and telling them of the hope they have in Christ. Maxo has over 50 students and a heart to reach even more kids with the best education possible and with the Gospel. Pray for Maxo, the teachers there, the students, and our staff members Ashlee and Mario as they invest in the lives of the teachers and students to further God's Kingdom!

I'm savoring this week in New Orleans and not just because it's Thanksgiving but this is technically the last week I'll be in New Orleans until I reach 100%. Yes I am coming back for 2 weeks at winter break but I can't stay after that unless I've reached my support goals.

So I'm seeing as many friends as possible, eating all the best food, and rejoicing in my Lord and Savior who called me to this work in New Orleans. I have a feeling once I return for good, I'll have a renewed appreciation for being here and do my best to never take it for granted. No matter what, I know God is in control, His timing is best, and "I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus."

My prayer is that no matter where I am over these next few months I continue to draw near to my Savior, be content in Him, live each day out of my love for Christ, and obediently follow Hard after Him!

Thank you for your prayers! Happy thanksgiving!

Love you!
Katie :)

"Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice!" Philippians 4:4

No comments: