Saturday, June 21, 2008

One Week down, many more to go

Hi Yall!

I hope yall are doing well and enjoying wherever you are! My first week here was pretty good. I did lots of secretarial things, figuring out how this place operates and so far so good!

We had 114 people here which is our biggest group of the summer (one group came from Hawaii)! They were all great! I got to hang out with one of the volunteer cooks named Alonzo who had come down with the Raleigh International Church (yaya nc!) and he was a very cool guy! He was way tall and way big and loved to talk about how God was working and I don't think a day went by that he didn't pray out loud for someone.

I've learned a lot this week task wise now I hope I can learn more about being relational and really bonding and getting to know the teams that come down. We only have 39 people this week so I'm gonna try learning mostly everyone's names but we'll see. Mary, the girl I've been shadowing, leaves tomorrow so I'm the head volunteer coordinator for 2 weeks! Please pray that I can be flexible and patient and if I get stressed, that I would just give those worries to God.

Oh and as for my living accommodation, I will be staying at my boss's house (Mark) for 2 weeks while him and his family are off at conferences! YAY a real shower!

Let me know how yall are doing and I hope you have a great 1st day of summer!

Katie

"Therefore, my dear brothers, stand firm. Let nothing move you. Always give yourselves fully to the work of the Lord, because you know that your labor in the Lord is not in vain." 1 Corin 12:58

1 comment:

KatieMama said...

I'm glad that you had a good first week. I know you'll do just fine next week without Mary. Love, Mom