Monday, February 4, 2013

The Calm between Two Storms

Well I'm sure most of you got a chance to watch the Super Bowl this past weekend that was played here in my city.  It was crazy to think that just outside my front door and less than a mile down the road the biggest game of the season was being held.  The city's weekend activities were in full swing leading up to the big game and yes now that the Super Bowl is passed, the city survived (minus a 34 min power outage).

The reason I say it's the calm between two storms is now that the Super Bowl fans are beginning to trickle out, the next wave of insanity is about to crash down onto the city.  That's right, Mardi Gras 2013 is exactly one week from tomorrow.  I'm pretty sure we could tie for the city that never sleeps this week.  Granted yes, Mardi Gras is crazy but it's also a chance to connect with friends as you watch parades from the family friendly parts of the routes.

Please continue to lift up the city in prayer as many people are coming to reach up their hands to the "Parade gods" for the best throws (material possessions) that can get their hands on.  Please pray that they realize how material goods cannot fill their hearts and pray they will begin to search for the One True God who can fill their hearts and give them hope and purpose.

As for me, I am in a bit of a calm week as I've thankfully recovered from the flu that sent me to bed for all of last week (thank you for your prayers!).  We have a returning team in this week from Wisconsin (love them!).  Thursday I head up to NC to celebrate my mom and bro's bdays along with seeing my boyfriend Mark!

The next storm for me is really an exciting storm if you want to call it that, my spring intern Katie has reached her budget and will be moving to Louisiana Feb 16th!!! Please lift Katie up in prayer as she travels down and for her heart to be open and prepared for all the Lord has in store for her these next three months!  Please pray for me as I get things ready for her arrival and we'd grow together in our walks with the Lord.

Praying for you and whatever season of life you are in, whether you are in the calm or in the storm...just know God is there! Love ya!

"My eyes are ever on the Lord, for only he will release my feet from the snare." Psalm 25:15

No comments: