Tuesday, July 17, 2012

and in NOLA news!

So what's going on in NOLA?

Is Katie still semi-homeless? well Yes but God is always providing a home for me to lay my head until power gets turned on at Ms. Val's and I'm learning how to be joyful no matter what!

Are there still volunteer teams coming? You better believe it! We have 4 weeks left for summer 2012!  We have 74 volunteers in this week, 84 next week, 41, then 12! Wow God you continue to amaze me with your awesome provision!

Did any people come to lead jobsites? You betcha! pic'd below is Cam who is a Dordt College student I met in March 2012!  He couldn't be an intern this summer but he's game for next summer! His undergrad is Construction Management! woot woot!  He's enjoying his very first beignet and cafe au lait in the photo below! 

What's going on at Castle Rock? We are building our playground this weekend and I'm either helping in the kitchen to feed the 250 volunteers or will be a build captain...either way, we will have a safe place for kids to gather after this weekend! Praise the Lord for the opportunity to minister to the kids and parents of central city New Orleans!

Let me know if you have any other questions! Thanks for reading!

God bless yall!

to the praise and glory of God!
Katie :)

No comments: