Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Couldn't Our Prayers Do More??

I'd first like to preface this blog post by saying I am FOREVER GRATEFUL for everyone who prayed for me last Tuesday to make sure I made it up to Minneapolis!  I know it was only because of Jesus Christ and your prayers that the last seat on not one, but TWO flights was available for me! 

Also, I am in no way downplaying the need for us to daily depend on God for absolutely everything, yes even open seats on flights..God WANTS us to ask Him for those things because He is our loving Father who wants to give us good things. James 1:17 and Matthew 7:11 give testimony to that.

What I mean when I say "Couldn't our prayers do more??" is just that though...couldn't our prayers do more than just provide 2 open seats on flights?? I was really struck by the power of prayer last week and I don't want to lose that.  The following excerpt is from the note I took on my last flight from St. Louis to Minneapolis when I realized how only GOD could have provided the way for me to stay on that flight.  There wasn't suppose to be an empty seat...but nothing is impossible with God and I know the prayers of God's faithful were heard and answered with a yes!

I pray this note encourages you to think about the requests we present to God, again knowing that He wants us to ask for all things, even open seats on flights! Let us not forget to pray for the lost!


"I praise God I'm on my way to Minneapolis. I praise God for caring about me and loving me this much to make sure I get on this plane. I praise God that I have a smart phone to put out prayer requests. But is this my vine?? What is God concerned about? This guy sitting beside me for sure. Tell him Katie how God provided this seat. How the prayers of 100s went up just to make sure I got here. Praise God for the prayers. But again Katie what if the prayers of everyone went out to save souls. To proclaim Christ. How amazing would that be to see! God transforming hearts at the requests of His people. Lord I have a lot to process right now. You worked in a visible and tangible way today! You got me up to MSP! Don't let me forget.

Jim, the guy beside me, has two daughters. In his 20s, he suffered a lake tubing accident and was 39 days unconscious; In hospital for 10 months. He knows it was God who got him thru that.

Couldnt our prayers do more??! It wasn't for miracle seats on flights that I was saved, granted its another faith builder that's for sure! Is there power in prayer? Absolutely! So why not harness that power to fully fall down on our knees and pray for the world!! I want to see people put their faith in Christ and live out that personal relationship! Pray!!

Lord you got me here! What do I do with it?"


No comments: