Monday, December 19, 2011

God is working after Hurricane Irene

Hi Everyone,

Thank you so much for your prayers while I traveled around NC! It was a blessing to see friends and share what God is doing in my life and in the ministry.

Two cool God Stories from this past week were:

I had lunch with Norm from Greenville NC. I first met Norm after Hurricane Irene went through and pulled up three of his trees..none of which hit his home, Praise the Lord. Norm shared with me how one of his friends we helped and shared with their family the love of Christ has since that visit started to attend church! They were so touched by our willingness to help complete strangers and show them God's love and kindness that they wanted to know more about this faith! We praise God for using this storm to transform people's lives!

I also got to help with One Harbor Church's Crisis Response team this past Saturday. After Hurricane Irene, this church saw an opportunity to reach out to their community and started gathering volunteers from the church to hold work days on Saturdays! You can find out more on their blog: http://ohccrisisresponse.blogspot.com How cool to see the body of Christ have a desire to show His love to their neighbors! God is awesome!

This week I'll be more locally stationed out of my parents' home, visiting with friends and family. Next Monday, I'll be headed down to New Orleans for two weeks! I'm so excited to see everyone, including ALL of my summer 2011 interns!! woot woot! Praise the Lord for a chance to reconnect with them and continue sharing God's love with the people of New Orleans!


If you'd like to give towards God's work in me, click here!

Merry Christmas!
Katie :)

"Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice!"
Phillipians 4:4

No comments: