Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Go Forth and Invite!

Hi Everyone!

My blog title "Go Forth and Invite" comes from a conversation I had the other day with a fellow long term staffer who is also raising support. We coined it as we shared stories of God's provision when we are obediently inviting people to pray about becoming a ministry partner.

The word "invite" came from the parable of the wedding banquet in Matthew 22:1-14. This guy wants to throw a wedding banquet but no one wants to come so then he sends out his servants to invite anyone they find. But once the people arrive, the king throws out a guy for not wearing wedding clothes. haha. I definitely still need time to process the parable but the last verse is what stuck out to me. It says:

For many are invited,
but few are chosen.


This verse really encouraged me as I remember that my responsibility with support raising or ministry partnership development is to INVITE! I must invite people to pray about joining God's work through me. It is God's responsibility to pick out the ones He wants on the team. He is the one choosing who will come alongside me in His work.

I pray and ask God that He chooses quickly but more importantly in His timing. So please join me in praying that God would give me courage to invite and the Lord would choose exactly who He wants and they would be obedient to His leading!

Love you guys!

Katie :)

No comments: