Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Nothing Like Prayer Walking in New Orleans...

Hi Everyone,

Just wanted to keep you updated on what's been going on with teams this week! For starters, it's been a BLAST getting to hang out with these teams! It's so awesome to hear how God is working in their lives and to see them serve wholeheartedly for the Lord this week!

We really encourage the teams to take time out of their work day to prayer walk around their jobsite. On Monday I was able to take 3 girls from Dordt college around and we were able to stop and pray for Ms. Ruby and Ms. Hazel. I've always loved this characteristic of New Orleans...that even though they don't know me at all..they still let me pray with them! How cool is that!

I wonder if people would be like this everywhere if I would only take the time and ask them what their prayer needs were and if I could pray with them. I have no idea but I definitely LOVE the fact that I can in New Orleans. Maybe you guys in other places can try it out and let me know!

Tomorrow is our block party and please pray for us as we proclaim Jesus Christ to these neighborhoods and pray for boldness as the volunteers continue to step out of their comfort zone!

Love you guys!
Katie :)

"LORD, the God of Abraham, Isaac and Israel, let it be known today that you are God in Israel and that I am your servant and have done all these things at your command. Answer me, LORD, answer me, so these people will know that you, LORD, are God, and that you are turning their hearts back again.” 1 Kings 18:36-37

1 comment:

Dale Anton said...

Katie,

I just wanted to respond and let you know that I pray for people at work and have not ever been told it was not necessary. We can prayer walk wherever we are!