Sunday, March 6, 2011

Do You Love Him?

Do I love Him enough to live for Him today?

Do I love Him enough to feed His sheep?

Do I love Him enough to consider my life worth nothing, if only I can finish the race and complete the task the Lord has given me, the task of testifying to the gospel of God’s grace?

In my devotions by Oswald Chambers, My Utmost For His Highest, he spoke of the verse in Luke 12:8 where Jesus says, “Whoever confesses me before men [that is confesses HIS LOVE by everything he does, not merely by his words], him the Son of Man will also confess before the angels of God.”

What stuck out to me in this devotion is that my love for God should be my motivation for how I live my life each day. Do I love God enough to let that love affect my thoughts, my actions, my words, my life?? Is my love for God just something I talk about or do I actually put that love into action? I want everything I do and say to stem from that LOVE I have for my Father in Heaven who LOVES ME! 1 John says I love because He FIRST loved me.

So the question that has been challenging me each day is “Do I love God enough to live for Him TODAY?” Tomorrow has its own problems and yesterday already happened. So then…do I love God enough to live for Him TODAY?” Where I’ve seen God challenge me with this question is with my newest roommate. I didn’t really know her before she came in January and I had not taken the time to spend one-on-one time with her. So the day God put this question before me, I heard him say, do you love Me enough to make time for Bryn?

I wanted my answer to be yes so I asked Bryn if she wanted to have lunch this week. She said yes and at lunch she opened up to me about what was going on in her life and sure enough, in that moment I knew why God wanted us to have lunch. He wanted me to be there for her, to encourage her to live for Him every day out of her love for Him, and to encourage her to blossom where He has planted her.

I’m so thankful for God for my new friend Bryn, for God given me that question, and so thankful that this time I was obedient to His voice…it always works out better that way.

So my question to you is: Do you love God enough to live for Him today??

No comments: