Sunday, January 16, 2011

Warehouse...God House!

Esther, my new friend from Grace Church, and I at dinner! LOVE her!

Hi Everyone!

I wanted to share that God is good and I'm excited for the year 2011! Next week I'm off to Dallas for a boot camp on how to raise my personal support. I've been working on the homework this week and some verses that have stuck out to me are listed below.

I'll be headed to the midwest the beginning of February for the Droogsma/Kunkel wedding in Des Moines IA so if you live near there call me! I'd love to see you! I also hope to be in the Minneapolis area as well! Please pray for me as I work out the details of this trip and pray for appointments to share the vision God has given me for the future generation of missionaries!

Praises:
We have had awesome teams thus far:
1) I was welcomed back to NOLA by my friends from Grace church! LOVE THEM!
2) Then I got to reconnect the following week with Crossroads church who have a few people interested in the internship program! Praise God!
3) Then this past week we had awesome teams come from PA and CA to work on our warehouse. YOU HAVE TO COME SEE IT!! God did AMAZING things in one week to transform our warehouse into an organized, functional, outstanding warehouse that is ready to respond to the next disaster! ALL PRAISE TO HIM! The newly built tool closets with sliding doors and an upper level for more organization!

Prayer Requests:
1) For My time at the boot camp next week and that God would continue to teach me how best to glorify Him through the gift of raising support! I'm currently at 65% of monthly supporters so if you'd like to hear the vision God has given me and join my support team email me at katie.hooks@efca.org
2) For my time up in the midwest. Prayer that God would orchestrate my time there. For sure I'll be at Valley Church on Feb 6th and I'd love to connect with friends I've made up there so pray I begin the planning process now! Pray for the wedding as well and it's a time of joy and celebration as Jessica and Steven start the new life together! Email me at katie.hooks@efca.org if you're in the area! I'd love to share what God is doing through me and this ministry!
3) For the internship program! Pray I can continue to hash out the details and pray for male interns to come join us this summer in NOLA! Pray God would be working in their hearts now to come back and serve with us for the summer! God has blessed me with two girls for sure and I'm excited to see who He has in store to come down!

Thanks so much for taking the time to read this blog and thank you so much for your prayers and support!

LOVE YOU!!
Katie :)

"Who serves as a soldier at his own expense? Who plants a vineyard and does not eat its grapes? Who tends a flock and does not drink the milk? Do I say this merely on human authority? Doesn’t the Law say the same thing? For it is written in the Law of Moses: “Do not muzzle an ox while it is treading out the grain.” Is it about oxen that God is concerned? 10 Surely he says this for us, doesn’t he? Yes, this was written for us, because whoever plows and threshes should be able to do so in the hope of sharing in the harvest. If we have sown spiritual seed among you, is it too much if we reap a material harvest from you? If others have this right of support from you, shouldn’t we have it all the more?" 1 Corinthians 9:7-12


"A generous person will prosper;
whoever refreshes others will be refreshed."
Proverbs 11:25
(a good reminder that if I expect others to give, I need to be generous in giving as well!)

No comments: