Friday, January 28, 2011

The Golden Question...

Body Builders Boot Camp - Dallas 2011
(I'm directly in the center of this pic)
Hi Everyone!

I hope you've had a great wintery week! I hear the Northeast is being pounded again with snow...I'm sorry to say but I'm not jealous. haha.

Thank you for the prayers as I attended the Boot Camp last week!

The one thing that stuck out to me was the connection made between my desire to ask people to join my financial support team and my desire to ask people to begin a personal relationship with Jesus Christ. If I'm not willing to ask people to start a relationship with Jesus then I'm probably not willing to ask people to join my support team. Both are scary "Golden questions" and can lead to rejection but because I'm called to do both, then I need to pray for courage and boldness in asking both questions! I'm not just asking for support because I want to keep living in New Orleans rebuilding houses and hang out with interns, I'm asking for support because I'm called by God to MAKE DISCIPLES in the mission field that follows crisis.

I'm excited to see who God calls to join my financial support team and I'm excited to see who God puts in my path to share my life and the gospel with!

I pray you are encouraged as well to remember the call to make disciples of all nations and to let that be your motivation for living each day for Him!

Love yall!
Katie :)

"Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or terrified because of them, for the LORD your God goes with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you.” Deuteronomy 31:6

No comments: