Saturday, November 6, 2010

Hey Yall!

On the bus right now from Philly to Pitt. I wanted to share praises for how the first week in PA went and how to be praying for next week!

So far I've had a couple of Firsts:
1) saw my first amish horse and buggy!
2) ate scrapple??
3) visited Philly! (got to walk up the Rocky steps, saw the Liberty Bell, and walked around lots!)
4) went to Chocolate World in Hershey PA

God's Provision!
God has really blessed me this week with having food to eat, rides to places, students to talk to, and homes to rest in! As I think back to the last 2.5 years, God really has been working in the midst of the relationships I made in New Orleans to aid me on this trip in PA. Everyone I've stayed with thus far is someone who came down to serve the Lord in New Orleans! I've been able to meet up with a few teams that have been down and it's been so encouraging! It really is remarkable what God can do when we let go of the control and allow Him to work!

As for the college tour...I'm learning LOTS! I've been able to connect with the faculty in the career services departments and had tables in the dining halls presenting our info to the students. Recruiting is not really my gift to be honest. I'm not a salesperson. So this week has definitely been stretching me and I ask for prayer to continue to trust in God to speak through me to the students He puts in my path.

Story from Lebanon Valley College:
While at my table at LVC, I was flipping through my Bible and came across Luke 18:5, "yet because this widow keeps bothering me, I will see that she gets justice." So as I was meditating on this scripture I began to pray continuously for God to bring people to my table..7 people to be precise. As I was talking with the first couple of students, in my head I was still praying for God to bring people to my table. I think it's easy to forget sometimes how much we need to depend on God because only HE can deliver...I can do nothing on my own. Sure enough the last girl I spoke with (#7) ended up being the VP of the InterVarsity Chapter at LVC. We ended up talking about IV, being a senior, future plans, and before she left she wrote down her email (something she had been reluctant to do at first). I'm looking forward to staying in touch with her to see how God uses her at LVC and post college. God answers prayers people! Just continue to ASK!

So on that note, I'm ASKing you to pray for this coming week in PA:
1) Visiting Chippewa EFC tomorrow and hanging out with my girl Kim!
2) Colleges: Nov 9th - Geneva, 10th - Malone, 11th - Grove City and InterVarsity at Univ of Pitt in the evening
3) safe travels between colleges and to San Antonio then back to New Orleans.
4) pray God would continue to show up on these campuses and many students would commit to serving with our ministry!

Love yall and thanks for your continued prayers!
In Christ,
Katie :)

"I am the vine; you are the branches. If you remain in me and I in you, you will bear much fruit; apart from me you can do nothing." John 15:5

3 comments:

Suz said...

HI Katie! MMmmm...scrapple! Should have told you to taste a Nittany Lion frank while in central PA! I know that God is blessing all the people that you are coming in contact with- you are inspirationsl! No need to be a run of the mill sales person. Keep up the good work of letting God speak to you and you'll have a great second week here- God is Good!!XOXO Glen and Sue

Kendra said...

Kaite,
You've never had scrapple????
Ask a Pa staff member for some.:)
U r so lucky. The closet thing I did to Hershey park was the free chocolate tour. :)
Have more fun,
Kendra

Unknown said...

Thanks Sue and Glen for your encouragement! and kendra, i had no idea scrapple even existed but now that i do...i think i dont need any. haha. hope you're doing well girl!