Sunday, April 18, 2010

For Christ's Love Compels Me!


[Teams learning the Challenge Circle Cheers!]

Hi Everyone!

Wow I can't believe I have one more week of Spring Break Rush 2010! It's been quite the doozy but o what a blessing! Close to 500 volunteers in 10 weeks! God is good!
Prayer Requests:
1) Need to get my April newsletter out by mid-week.
2) 52 volunteers are here this week, 3 different churches all from Connecticut! Pray they have an awesome week in the Lord!
3) Strength and energy to finish strong in the Lord!
4) For my upcoming time off..i have 3 weeks off then teams the week of May 17th and more time off. Pray I am able to truly rest and refresh myself in the LORD! Not exactly sure what I'll be doing in that time, spending time in NOLA with no teams is one of them...let me know if i can come talk at your church :)

Since I posted last, we had close to 70 volunteers, 60 from IN and 11 from NC! It was a great week and the IN team has already called about coming again this summer! How sweet! Last week we had 50 here from PA, CT, AL, and IA. Again such a blessing to see God use these teams and I was able to venture out on a prayer walk last week and really got to see God at work in the community we're working in. I got to speak and pray with Ms. Veronica who is looking for some volunteer work so hoping to get her connected with us.



[Chris from NC playing with a kid at the challenge circle!]


Let me know how I can be praying for you!


[Praying it out after the block party!]


Thanks so much for your prayers! I definitely could not have made it without them.

In Christ,
Katie :)
[My friend Kristen from Denver came to visit!! We're tag-teaming caulking the siding at House of Hope Fellowship...it's a church we're rebuilding in the upper 9th!]


"I thank Christ Jesus our Lord, who has given me strength, that he considered me faithful, appointing me to his service." 1 Timothy 1:12

No comments: