Thursday, September 24, 2009

Change Change Change

Hi Everyone,

So take a look at what's happening this week in the wonderful world of Crisis Response ministry in New Orleans!

God provided 2 pallets of toilet paper, paper towels and napkins! If we can find a truck and truck driver, this same company will give us a TRUCK LOAD of paper products! They're in a warehouse in southern Mississippi! Please pray God would provide and if you can help please email katrinarelief@efca.org



Our offices are MOVING! (My desk used to be right by the door on the left hand side of the photo). We're moving from Trinity Church to the warehouse but our offices aren't complete in the building yet so please pray for God to send laborers to complete the warehouse. I'll be working out of my apartment in the Quad so please pray that this time of "limbo" would only strengthen our staff in their trust in God and unite us even more to do His will!

The Trinity Cares Ministry will be moving too! Trinity Cares runs a Bible Study on Mondays and Wednesdays for people in the community then they get to go through a free store after that. Pictured is the free store (partly moved) along with my fellow staffer, Ms. Ella Miller. Please pray that while the store is closed for 6 weeks the community still come to hear God's word and continue growing in their knowledge of Him!






With the help of lots of people on Monday we layed 9 cubic feet of concrete for the outside of the warehouse! It was great working with fellow staffers and a team of 3 from Grace Community Church in Maryland but boy was it HOT! We still need to lay another 9 cubic feet so please pray for more workers and cooler weather!
We have a team from Iowa and Missouri coming in next week and I'm in charge of food so please pray for guidance and lots of wonderful helpers as cooking is not one of my strong suits...just pray I don't get stressed out in Wal-Mart.
Thanks so much for your continued support of me and let me know if you enjoy the updates on a weekly basis so I keep on doing them!
Love you!
Katie :)
"Whatever is good and perfect comes down to us from God our Father, who created all the lights in the heavens. He never changes or casts a shifting shadow. He chose to give birth to us by giving us his true word. And we, out of all creation, became his prized possession." James 1:17-18

1 comment:

Unknown said...

So I am letting you know I love your updates. They made me miss New Orleans and you. I will be praying for the teams who come down when you are cooking :) Honey, you will do fine.

Keep on updating. It's a great way to keep people informed and even get people to support you.