Friday, August 29, 2008

back to the Cov....

Hey Everyone!

I've arrived safely in Covington LA! YAY God! A bigger praise is that when I took my roomy Lacey to the airport today, my tire completely fell off the wheel and Terry Andrus (the finance guy at Urban Impact) came to our rescue! I have a new tire and all is well!

Covington definitely has a different feel to it than before because no one is living out in the trailers in the back of the church parking lot right now. It's weird not to have my summer staffers here but I know God has a reason for me here and for them to be where they are...I just need to really hold on to that and trust Him more.

Today has been just an interesting day. It's weird to go through your stuff, seeing what is worth taking and what isnt...what you're willing to leave behind and perhaps never see again. It totally challenges the materialistic side of you for sure. In my head I just kept thinking of that verse that says:

"Do not store up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy, and where thieves break in and steal. But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where moth and rust do not destroy, and where thieves do not break in and steal. For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also." (Matthew 6:19)

So you know what, so what if I lose clothes, shoes, bags, etc...my treasure is in heaven with my Father and that's what matters.

Looks like tomorrow we'll be having an early morning staff meeting to discuss where this evacuation might take us. Sounds like Florida is a good bet but once again we're just waiting to see where God wants us and when He wants us to go.

I'll try and keep you posted during this time and I just ask for continual prayer for me, my staff, the people of New Orleans and surrounding areas, the government officials...just pray that we all will be kept safe and no matter what God is exalted above all else!

Love yall!

-Katie

No comments: