Thursday, August 28, 2008

AuGustav!

Well tomorrow is the 3rd year anniversary of Katrina making landfall and I'm going to be evacuating to Covington LA, about an hour north of New Orleans because of another possible landfall next week of Gustav!

I'll keep yall posted where I go next if another evacuation is needed from Covington. Right now I'll most likely be throwing away lots of food in case we lose power, packing as if I'll be gone for a week, and praying continually for the best while preparing for the worst!

A really great website I've been using is http://www.wwltv.com/ then clicking on the 5-day forecast for both Gustav and Hanna.

I'll be most likely evacuating with other members of staff, this way if need be, we'll be able to return to the area before most residents because we are a part of a crisis response organization.

I just ask for prayer during this time! Prayer for the people of New Orleans who have been down this road before, prayer that the levees hold, prayer for safe travels, and just prayer that God will be glorified no matter the circumstances!

LOVE EVERYONE DEARLY!!!

-katie

Isaiah 41:10: "So don't worry because I am with you. Don't be afraid, because I am your God. I will make you strong and will help you; I will support you with my right hand that saves you."

No comments: