Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Aloha Hawaii, Hello July!

Hello Hello!

I hope everyone is doing well and is enjoying the wonderful month of July when yours truly was born! :)

Last week was probably the best week ever! I really embraced the teams that were here and got to know them and their struggles and pray over them and it was sooo great! One team was from Hawaii (the same from the previous week plus 21 more) and and the other from Maryland. The Hawaii team did such a great job of welcoming Maryland that by the 2nd day we felt like a big family (which we are in Christ). On Thursday, I went to work on one of the jobsites and that was great! It's so nice to be able to meet the homeowner and talk with her and hear her story. I was also able to stop by Angela's house for some of you who know her but unfortunately she was in Texas but I was able to speak with her son-in-law and her daughter. They said Angela should be back soon so I hope I can see her!

This week we have another team from Maryland and one from Illinois. The Maryland team is a little wild and crazy but so on fire for serving that I can deal with the noise. Last night, me Kaarin, and Mark went to a park and just sat and watched the stars come out. Kaarin is actually going to be moving into the central city as well so I'm glad I'll have a friend when I get there.

A definite God praise is that I was finally told the amount for my support raised thus far and its already up to half of what I would need to stay here for a year! God has blessed me more than I could ever imagine! God is good, all the time!

This morning I went on a bike ride with one of the families who is on staff here, the Horst family. John is on staff, then his wife Kris, daughters Allison, Abigail, and son Adam. They are all so welcoming and will be here until March of next year so yay for people staying!

Sorry if this was long but I'll hopefully figure out a way to put up photos so you can see them too!

Please continue to pray that I can really see areas where I struggle and ask God for help with them!

Yall are awesome!
LOVE YOU!

Katie

"Because of the Lord's great love we are not consumed, for his compassions never fail. They are new every morning; great is Your faithfulness. I say to myself, "The Lord is my portion; therefore I will wait for him." Lamentations 3:22-24

No comments: